Applications of Metal Forming
The list mentioned below outlines some of the important areas of application of products manufactured by metal forming:
1. Fasteners, such as screws, nuts, bolts, and rivets.
2. Hand tools, such as hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, and surgical instruments.
3. Components for industrial plant equipments, machine tools and automobiles.
4. Construction elements used in tunneling, mining and quarrying (roofing and walling elements, pit props, etc.).
5. Fittings used in the building industry, such as for doors and windows.
6. Containers, such as metal boxes, cans and canisters.
Figure: Components manufactured using metal forming process.